The parties to this contract are:
a) ‘the Customer’ the person who makes the booking, being over 18 years of age and who shall
assume responsibility for all guests and visitors (also referred to as ‘you’ in this contract)
b) ‘Trerethern Farm’ (also referred to as ‘the farm’ or ‘we’ in this contract)
Once a booking is confirmed and a deposit paid, a binding contract is in place.
- Hirers will require a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) It is the hirers responsibility to adhere to any requirements under the TEN. Information of the requirement is available from Cornwall Council licensing department 01208 893346.
- A provisional booking can only be held for fourteen days
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% is required to secure your reservation. On receipt of this, your booking will be confirmed to you in writing
- Until we receive the deposit your booking is provisional and we reserve the right to sell the date
- A further 50% of the outstanding balance is payable sixteen weeks before your function date and is non-refundable. It is your responsibility to ensure that this payment is received by the confirmed due date.
- The outstanding balance is payable six weeks prior to your function date. All monies paid are non-refundable after this date
- Prices quoted are correct at the time of going to print
- The customer assumes responsibility for any loss or damage to Trerethern Farm property caused by their guests in any parts of the farm. In the event of damages, or extra site clearance, we reserve the right to make the relevant charge to the customer
- It will be customer’s responsibility to specify and liaise with the sub-contractors / suppliers (marquee hire, caterers, taxis etc.) that we will also need the contact details for
- Your sub-contractors / suppliers must be registered, trained and insured. The access road is single track so it is important that your sub-contractors / suppliers limit the size of delivery vehicles
- The farm is a working farm and this may represent potential hazards. It will be your responsibility to highlight these potential hazards to your guests
- Parking is available within a designated area only
- You and your guests and visitors are not permitted to enter any unauthorised areas without permission
- Trerethern Farm does not accept responsibility for any private property left unattended on the farm. Vehicles may be left over night, after your function date but at the owner’s risk and must be collected by 11.30am the following day
- Children: We cannot accept any liability in the event of accidents. It is expected that all parents and guardians keep a watchful eye to ensure that children are confined within a safe area
- Noise levels: Our neighbour’s rights must be respected. Music must end at midnight.
- No alcohol can be served or consumed after midnight
- No fireworks or Chinese lanterns are permitted
- If confetti is used it must be biodegradable
- It is essential that glass and other debris is completely cleared as cattle may graze the area at times
- Caterers and you are responsible for removing all rubbish and recycling from the farm
- The dumping of hot liquids or oil on any areas of the farm is not permitted
- The farm changes with the seasons and so we hold no liability for images on the website showing scenes which differ according to the time of year. This includes (but is not limited to) tide times, crop growth and flowers in the orchard.
- These and other conditions may need to be varied and/or included according to current regulations and health and safety advice
- In the unlikely event of cancellation on your part, we regret that all deposits and down payments are non-refundable. We strongly recommend the purchase of cancellation insurance for events. The final details for all events must be agreed at least 1 month before the function date. Changes to any arrangements made with the owners must be submitted in writing at the earliest possible date and agreed with them
- The owner may cancel the bookings made if the venue becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the owners control including without limitation; flooding; significant damage to the venue; or failure of a utility service. In this event the owner will refund you any sums you have paid. The owner shall have no other liability to you
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party or to their property
- We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time that we deem responsible to do so.